Katy Cockroach Control
Serving Sugar Land, West Houston & Surrounding Areas
Cockroaches are a health hazard and a source of disgust for many people. They are known to spread diseases and cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks in some people. Roaches can contaminate food and cause fires by shorting out electrical wiring. Roaches can even cause structural damage to your home - making them a problem that must be addressed quickly.
Chem Tech Pest & Grounds Care provides fast, effective solutions for your roach problem. Our technicians have the training, experience, and expertise to get the job done right. We use products that are proven to be effective and safe for your family and pets. With our fast service, we can get your roach problem under control so you can get back to enjoying your home in no time!
Call Chem Tech Pest & Grounds Care at (281) 205-3592 or contact us online for fast and effective solutions for your roach problem.
How to Prevent Roaches
Roaches are a problem that everyone wants to avoid. Unfortunately, once you have roaches in your home, it can be a never-ending battle to keep them under control. However, there are things you can do to prevent roaches from becoming an ongoing problem. Here are some tips that can help you prevent roaches from becoming a problem in your home:
- Keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs and spills
- Keep your garbage can tightly sealed and empty it frequently
- Keep your sink and counters clean and free of food scraps
- Keep your refrigerator clean and free of food scraps
- Don't leave dishes in the sink overnight
- Don't leave food out overnight
- Keep your pet's food dish clean
- Keep your pet's water bowl clean
- Keep your cabinets closed and sealed
- Keep your home well-ventilated to prevent moisture
Signs You Have a Roach Problem
Roaches are nocturnal and are most active at night. They like to stay hidden during the day and come out at night to feed and look for places to hide. Roaches can fit into spaces as small as a dime, so they can get into tight spaces in your home. Roaches are also known to travel through sewers and come up through drains. Roaches are a problem that must be addressed quickly. If you have noticed any of the following signs, you may have a roach problem:
1. Sightings: The most obvious sign of a roach problem is actually seeing the pests themselves. Roaches are nocturnal creatures, so they tend to emerge at night to scavenge for food and water. If you spot one or more roaches during the day, it could indicate a large population in your home.
2. Droppings: Roach droppings, also known as frass, are small, dark, and cylindrical in shape. You may find them in areas where roaches congregate, such as kitchen cabinets, drawers, behind appliances, and in dark corners. Their droppings resemble coffee grounds or black pepper.
3. Unpleasant Odor: Roaches produce a distinct musty odor, especially when they infest a particular area. The smell can become more noticeable as the infestation grows. If you detect an unusual, pungent scent in your home, it could be an indication of roach activity.
4. Egg Casings: Roaches lay egg casings, also known as oothecae, which contain multiple eggs. These casings are brown in color and have a purse-like shape. You might find them in hidden areas, like cracks, crevices, and under furniture.
5. Damaged Packaging: Roaches are notorious for chewing through various materials, including cardboard, plastic, and paper, to access food. If you notice packages with holes or gnaw marks, it could be a sign of roaches trying to get to your food supply.
6. Gnaw Marks: Apart from food packaging, roaches may leave gnaw marks on other objects and surfaces in your home. Check for signs of damage on books, fabrics, and electrical wires.
7. Oily Smudges: Roaches leave behind oily residue from their bodies as they crawl around your home. Look for smudges on walls, baseboards, and surfaces, as these marks can indicate their regular paths.
8. Noises: In some cases, you might hear faint rustling or crackling sounds coming from areas where roaches are active. This noise is often more noticeable during the quiet of the night.
9. Hatched Nymphs: As roaches reproduce, they shed their exoskeletons. If you find discarded nymph casings around your home, it suggests a growing infestation.
10. Roach Nests: Roaches seek dark and secluded areas to build their nests. Check for signs of nests in spaces like gaps in walls, behind furniture, and under appliances. The nests may contain roaches at various life stages.
Call for Fast, Effective Solutions for Your Roach Problem
Chem Tech Pest & Grounds Care offers fast, effective solutions for your roach problem. Our technicians have the training, experience, and expertise to get the job done right. We use products that are proven to be effective and safe for your family and pets. With our fast service, we can get your roach problem under control so you can get back to enjoying your home in no time!
Top-Notch Customer Service
40+ Years of Experience
Licensed & Insured
"They were prompt with my appointment time and educated me on things I was unaware of regarding my lawn. I have even recommended them to my friends."- Chelsea B.
"Jesse has been servicing my house for a few years & he is awesome. Even with my hectic schedule, he’s very flexible in making sure the job gets done!!!"- Raven B.
"I've been a regular customer for 29 years. They're the BEST!"- Amy B.
"They all go the extra mile. I highly recommend this company. On another note, they just don't take care of pests, but take care of fertilizing and feeding the whole yard!"- Fred M.
Prompt & Knowledgeable
"Chem-Tech has done a great job with both my pest control and lawn & ornamental services. I highly recommend their services."- Sally C.